Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Essay 1



When you help someone you would expect them to be thankful. Not be thankful to you for one second and then rude to you the next. I work at a fast food restaurant and I've encountered some crazy customers before, but this customer I encountered made me feel unsympathetic towards the homeless. I saw him in the store often and 90% of the time that I see him he's short on cash. On the specific day that he came into the store he was with a friend. Like most of the time he was short on cash. I was a bit hesitant about giving him the food because he was short on cash yet he didn't want to take something off his order. I understood that there wasn't much he could do about it since his friend and him are both homeless, so I took the amount that he had and gave him the food. He said “Thank You” and walked away to eat the food at the table near the register counter with his friend. Around 10 minutes later he comes up to the counter to order food again and he's short on money. At that point I was mad. I told my manager not to get the food. Not only did he lie to me about not having anymore money. He had the nerve to come back up to me and try to order more food when he still doesn't have enough money. Expecting me to just give him the food again. When my manager and I confronted him about the lie he started cussing us out then there was this huge argument.




1 comment:

  1. The Story: 5  out of 5
    Comments: List one thing you think the writer did well and AT LEAST one thing that needs improvement. Explain anything else that you noticed in giving your score.

    Narrative Elements: 3 out of 5
    Comments: List one thing you think the writer did well and AT LEAST one thing that needs improvement. Explain anything else that you noticed in giving your score.

    Structure: 3 out of 5
    Comments: List one thing you think the writer did well and AT LEAST one thing that needs improvement. Explain anything else that you noticed in giving your score.

    - I think the writter told the story well, it sounded realistic and not like it was coming from a robot. She also didn't have anything unesscisary in the story. It was straight and to the point. I think she could've used her grammar a little better. I also think she could've told the ending of the story a little better. When I was reading it and came to the end, I felt like it wasn't enough. It was an awkward ending. She could've also used details, there wasn't any details describing anything, I didn't have a clear picture in my head while I was reading. 

    My favorite thing about this story was …. that she helped the homeless guy out the first time around, it showed she was being a good person. 

    The detail that stuck out to me most was …. not really a lot of details. 

    This story could be made more exciting and memorable if you …. had a little better of an ending. 

    ReplyDelete